Last Updated: October 3, 2020
MCKLtype.com, including its subdomains together with all of their features and content and related or commonly-owned or operated websites (the “Website”), is made available by MCKL Inc. (“MCKL”).
What Information MCKL Collects and Receives
In order for you to use the Website, MCKL needs to collect and process certain information, which depending on how you use the Website, may include:
- Information you provide by using the Website, such as by completing forms on the Website, such as your name, email address, mailing address, or telephone number. We may ask for this information if you subscribe to our newsletter or contact us;
- Details of any requests or transactions you make through the Website. MCKL offers products for sale through the Website and partners with Stripe, Inc. to facilitate in the transaction, in which case the payment information you submit will be collected and used by the payment processor in accordance with their respective privacy policies;
- Information that is not personally identifiable, but that relates to your usage of the Website or that is necessary for the proper functioning or improvement of the Website, including: (i) times and dates and the extent of your usage of the Website; (ii) time zone, language, screen resolution, and other usage preferences you select when using the Website; (iii) device keyboard settings; (iv) usage history such as areas and pages within the Website that you access or use and/or which buttons on the Website you click on; (v) the search terms you entered into a search engine that may have led you to the Website; (vi) the Internet service provider (ISP) or mobile platform you use, and (vii) other device and Website access information such as your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, referring/exit pages, and other unique device identifiers; and
- Communications you send to MCKL, such as when you request support, submit comments or questions, or report a problem to MCKL.
You can opt out of being included in Google Analytics at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. For more information about our use of data analytics to protect and improve our Website, see Cookies and How We Utilize Them below.
MCKL also collects and maintain aggregated, anonymized, or pseudonymized information to protect the safety and security of the Website, improve the Website, or comply with its legal obligations.
You may decline to provide MCKL with some or all of your information. However, this will limit your ability to use the Website.
Types of Cookies MCKL Utilizes
MCKL uses the following types of cookies and other technologies:
- Security: MCKL secures the Website with cookies that facilitate security features and allow MCKL to detect activity that might violate the Terms and Conditions of Use, such as unauthorized access or activity.
- Localization: Some cookies help MCKL provide localized experiences, such as displaying the Website in the local language.
- Site Features and Services: Certain cookies provide greater functionality to the Website and help MCKL deliver our products and services.
- Performance: MCKL uses performance cookies to help route traffic between servers and understand how the Website is performing so MCKL can provide Users with the best experience possible.
- Analytics and Research: Cookies and other technologies also help MCKL to understand, improve, and research features and content on the Website, such as by using Google Analytics, which you can opt out of at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Limiting or Blocking Cookies and Our Do Not Track Policy
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies, which may depend on the type of cookie, and browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. However, blocking or deleting cookies may prevent you from using most of the Website.
Note that certain options you select are specific to certain browsers and devices.
The Website may contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how the Website is used.
MCKL uses third parties to gather information about how you and others use the Website. For example, MCKL will know how many Users access a specific page and what Website Content they clicked on. MCKL uses this aggregated information to understand and optimize how the Website is used.
Social Media Plug-ins
MCKL may implement the use of certain social media plug-ins (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo) to allow you to communicate with such services and interact (e.g., “like” or “comment”) with various Website content. The social media plug-in, if and when implemented, will enable a direct communication between your end user device and the servers of the applicable social media provider, allowing the applicable social media provider to communicate with you and collect information about you browsing the Website This processing is based on Article 6, Section 1(f) of the EU general data protection regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and represents MCKL’s legitimate interest to improve the User experience and to optimize those services and functionalities offered via the Website. If you decide to use a social media plug-in that MCKL implements on the Website, MCKL may transfer your personal data, whether or not you have a registered user account with the applicable social media provider. MCKL is not responsible for the content and the data collection on respective third-party websites or apps and that MCKL neither controls the extent of personally information collected by the respective plug-in provider nor knows the processing’s purpose or the period your personally information will be retained. For further information as to how and for what purpose certain social network providers process your data, please see the relevant privacy policies of the three main social network providers, and their notification when you connect to the social network in question.
Facebook: Facebook, Inc., Attention: Privacy Operations, 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA
Vimeo: Vimeo, Inc., Attention: Data Protection Officer, 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011
How MCKL Uses the Information It Collects
MCKL uses the information it collects for the following purposes:
- To protect the Website;
- To enable MCKL to provide you and other Users with the Website, and to improve and promote the Website and services;
- To address inquiries and respond to customer service requests, questions, and comments;
- To contact you with newsletters, offers, promotions, and other product specials or to customize your experience on the Website;
- To track and analyze use of the Website and MCKL’s services, such as to identify trends, conduct data analysis, and determine the effectiveness of marketing and promotion efforts, and other service offerings, so that MCKL can improve how its performance and provide Users with the best experience possible;
- To maintain security and to enforce the Terms and Conditions of Use and comply with applicable law; and
- For other purposes that MCKL believes are necessary to protect its rights and the rights of others, or as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
European Union Users
European Union data protection law requires a “lawful basis” for collecting and retaining personal information from citizens or residents of the European Economic Area. MCKL’s lawful bases include:
- Consent: In certain cases, you have affirmatively provided MCKL with your consent to collect your personal data for a specific purpose, such as providing your name and email address when you sign up for our newsletter or register for an Account.
- Contract: MCKL may need your personal data to comply with contractual obligations to deliver the Website, such as fulfilling subscriptions or transactions made through the Website.
- Legal Obligations: Sometimes the law requires the collection and use of your data, such as applicable tax laws may require MCKL to retain records of payments made through the Website.
- Legitimate Interests: This is a technical term that means MCKL has a good and fair reason to use your data and in ways which do not harm your interests and rights, such as to pursue MCKL’s legitimate interests in a way that might reasonably be expected as part of running its business and that does not materially impact your rights, freedom, or interests. For example, MCKL uses identity, device, and location information to prevent fraud and abuse and to keep the Website secure, may also send you promotional communications about the Website and services subject to your right to opt out, analyze how Users interact with the Website so MCKL can understand better what elements do or do not work well, thereby facilitating improvements and developments in the quality of the online experience for all Users.
How MCKL Shares the Information It Collects
Information MCKL Never Shares Publicly
The following personal information is never publicly displayed or revealed to other Users:
- Your name;
- The date you register for any services MCKL provides through the Website;
- Your email address, IP address, mailing address, or phone number;
- Any other identity verification information or documentation;
- Any payment information you provide; and
- Communications you send to MCKL.
Information MCKL Shares to Protect MCKL and Comply with the Law
MCKL reserves the right to disclose information MCKL collects from or about you when doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect MCKL’s legal rights, property, or the safety of MCKL, Users, or others. You hereby authorize MCKL to share or disclose your personal information, including, without limitation, any content, records, or electronic communications of any kind, when MCKL determines, in its sole discretion, that the disclosure of such information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against you if and to the extent:
- You are interfering with the rights or property of MCKL or a third party;
- You are violating any applicable law, rule, or regulation;
- Necessary or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation; and/or
- Requested by governmental authorities in the event of any investigation, act of terrorism, or instance of local, regional, or national emergency.
In the event that MCKL is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, or sells all or substantially all of its assets, MCKL reserves the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information and content it has collected from Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, MCKL may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
Links to Other Websites and Services
Cross-Border Data Transfers
MCKL is based in the United States so your information will be collected and processed in the United States, which has its own laws governing data protection and access to it, including by the government. If you reside outside of the United States, be advised that the rules that protect your personal information under United States federal, state, and local law may differ from those of your home country.
With respect to any personal information that may be originally collected and stored in the European Economic Area, if and when MCKL transfers your personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area, it will do so under the Commission’s model contracts for the transfer of personal information to third countries (i.e., standard contractual clauses) pursuant to 2004/915/EC or 2010/87/EU (as appropriate). For a copy of these Standard Contractual Clauses, please contact MCKL at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The privacy of children is of the utmost importance, and MCKL is committed to complying with the federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). MCKL does not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If MCKL ever discovers that it has inadvertently collected personal information from a child under the age of thirteen (13) on or through the Website, MCKL will delete it from its records as soon as possible. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of thirteen (13) and believe that MCKL has collected personal information from your child, please email us at email@example.com, and MCKL will take steps to delete such personal information from its records as soon as possible.
Accessing Your Information
Users residing in certain countries, including citizens or residents of the European Economic Area, are afforded certain rights regarding their personal information. Except where an exception or exemption applies, these rights include the ability to access, correct, and request deletion of such User’s personal information. Even after you request MCKL deletes your personal information, MCKL may retain certain information as required by law or as necessary for its legitimate business purposes.
More specifically, these Users have the following rights:
- The right to require free of charge (i) confirmation of whether MCKL processes your personal information and (ii) access to a copy of the personal information retained;
- The right to request proper rectification, removal or restriction of your personal information;
- Where processing of your personal information is either based on your consent or necessary for the performance of a contract with you and processing is carried out by automated means, the right to receive the personal information concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to have your personal information transmitted directly to another company, where technically feasible (data portability);
- Where the processing of your personal information is based on your consent, the right to withdraw your consent at any time without impact to data processing activities that have taken place before such withdrawal or to any other existing legal justification of the processing activity in question;
- The right not to be subject to any automatic individual decisions which produces legal effects on you or similarly significantly affects you; and
- The right to take legal actions in relation to any breach of your rights regarding the processing of the personal information, as well as to lodge complaints before the competent data protection regulators.
As far as MCKL processes your personal information on the basis of its legitimate interests, you can object to processing at any time. You can find a detailed description of MCKL’s processing activities and the legal basis herein. If you object to such processing, MCKL will ask you to state the grounds of your objection to examine the processing of your personal information and decide whether to adjust the processing accordingly.
MCKL want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. MCKL will send you email relating to your transactions on or through the Website. You may also elect to receive certain marketing email communications, in accordance with your preferences, and from which you may opt out at any time by adjusting your notification settings. MCKL will also send you service-related announcements when and as necessary. MCKL will try to keep emails to a minimum and give you the ability to opt in to any marketing communications.
MCKL maintains a strict no-spam policy. MCKL will not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses, identify the message as an advertisement in a reasonable way, include MCKL’s physical address, monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly, and allow Users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email. If you are having problems unsubscribing, contact MCKL at firstname.lastname@example.org by forwarding the email communication and including the word “Unsubscribe” in the subject line and MCKL will use reasonable efforts to remove you within seven (7) business days. Please note that MCKL will not process any unsubscribe requests submitted as direct replies to any newsletter.
MCKL takes security seriously, and the security of your personal data is important to us. MCKL follows industry-standard practices to protect the data MCKL collects and maintains, including using Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt information as it travels over the Internet.
However, the Internet is, by nature, not a secure environment and the nature of security risks is constantly evolving as are the technical and organizational industry standards relating to management of those risks. While MCKL strives to keep current our security technology and will review, refine, and upgrade its security technology as MCKL deems appropriate based on new tools that may become available in the future, the complete security of any information collected, stored or used by MCKL cannot therefore be guaranteed. In the unlikely event that an unauthorized third-party compromises MCKL’s security measures, MCKL will not be responsible for any damages directly or indirectly caused by an unauthorized third party’s ability to view, use, or disseminate such information.